This is a new class that all artists will enjoy and find very fulfilling. We will work with both wet and dry drawing materials such as inks, dyes, watercolor and even gouache as underpaintings. Then we will build upon the subject matter with a layering and overlapping techniques to add a new life to the drawing. We will then go back into the initial washes with dry drawing materials to design exciting unique one of a kind art work that is so fun and forgiving at the same time. We will apply microns color pencils and even render with pastel pencils to create a stylized or impressionistic or even a realistic rendition of our guided subject matters. Come explore and learn how to mix and match many diverse mediums on one paper.
We will work from references and I will give you extensive step-by-step lessons. You will strengthen your artistic skills and imagination in this foundation course and develop the knowledge to improve your art work in all mediums. Drawing is the foundation to all art. This course is designed for all artistic levels. You will receive a video tape of each class after it is finished to watch at your leisure. I will email references for all classes. This course is non-refundable and no makeups are offered at this time.
- Bombay India Ink any color you want
- Colored Pencils and Brand
- Watercolors or Gouache any Brand
- Sakura Pigma Micron Pens set of 6 assorted colors 005
- Pastels any Brand
- Kneaded Eraser
- Brushes any Brands
- Strathmore Mixed Media Pad White 8x10 or larger 400 series
- Any other materials or papers you have in your art studio are welcome
- Recommended site for purchase of supplies: blick.com or michaels.com